*Hosted by Alexa Loves Books*
I’m so excited to be participating in this event again this year! I had SO much fun last year and discovered so many awesome new blogs & bloggers in 2014 because of it!
The event kicks off right now, starting with our introductions and continues throughout today until 9pm and picks up again tomorrow for another full day of fun!
1. What’s your name?
2. Where in the world are you blogging from?
I am blogging from Ontario! I live just outside of Toronto.
3. How did you get into blogging in the first place?
I used to blog all through high school, but when I went to University I got out of it. Several years ago, I discovered Goodreads, which pointed me towards book blogging! I had no idea such a thing existed and within a month of discovering the community, I decided to start my own book blog and haven’t looked back!
4. How did you come up with your blog name?
Haha, I actually didn’t: my sister did! I was having a really hard time with thinking of a name, I’m not so great at things like that and the ones I was coming up with were very generic. It took my sister next to no time to come up with this one, and I immediately liked it and it definitely suits me! I constantly ‘lose’ hours of time because I’m wrapped up in a book. Sometimes it feels like I’m only reading for a few minutes and then it turns out to be hours 🙂
5. What genre do you read and review the most on your blog?
It’s definitely Young Adult. Lately though, I am choosing more adult fiction and new adult fiction, so that is going to be making a large appearance in 2015 as well!
6. What other types of posts do you do on your blog, apart from reviews?
I participate in Top Ten Tuesday, Stacking the Shelves, readathons, challenges, discussion posts, and bookish organizations. I’m hoping to add a few new things to the mix in 2015 as well!
7. Best blogging experience so far?
Even though I haven’t met any of them yet, I have met some very dear friends through blogging <3
8. Favorite thing about the blogging community?
Definitely interacting with so many people who loves books as much as me! I don’t have a lot of friends that love books as much as I do, or even understand how I love them so much, so it’s so fun to be ‘surrounded’ by people who enjoy and freak out about books as much as me 🙂
9. Name the 5 books you’re most excited for this 2015!
Haha, wow… that’s every changing, but these five are definitely ones I will be rushing out to the store to pick up!
• Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
• The Rose Society by Marie Lu
• Finding Audrey by Sophie Kinsella
• A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
• The Fill-In Boyfriend by Kasie West
10. What’s an underrated book or series that you think everyone should read?
Oh wow, there are definitely a lot of books that could fit into this category! Off the top of my head, I’m going to say the Serenity’s Plain Secrets series by Karen Ann Hopkins. It’s an Amish mystery/thriller adult fiction series and it’s just fantastic! I also think the Love Me With Lies series by Tarryn Fisher needs SO much more attention than it gets – fantastic!
11. Which book boy or girl would be your book BFF?
BFF? Hmm… it’s a toss up between Caymen from The Distance Between Us, Anne Shirley from Anne of Green Gables and Celaena from Throne of Glass!
12. Apart from reading, what are your other hobbies or interests?
Yoga is definitely one of my main hobbies other than books & reading. I also really love to crochet and knit and have really been focusing on that a lot recently, as I would like to be able to open an Etsy shop in the future. I also love binge watching tv shows, and I enjoy video games as well, but that comes in spurts!
13. Apart from book shopping, what else do you like shopping for?
I actually do not like shopping, for the most part. Or at least for things that a lot of people like (clothes, etc…). If I am shopping outside of the bookstore, I love Ikea, Cosco and shopping for Yarn! Not too exciting, I know 😛
14. At a party, the DJ suddenly changes the song – and it’s your song. What song would be playing?
I have a really broad taste in music, and my favorite songs are constantly changing. Right now, if I’m listening to music, it’s Sam Smith, John Newman or Florence + the Machine! I’m not listening to a lot lately though because I’ve been turning to audiobooks recently in times I would normally listen to music!
15. Pick out either a book you want turned into a film/TV show or a film/TV show you want turned into a book.
Oh my gosh, I would love for the Throne of Glass series to be turned into a TV show! I think it would be fantastic and it would probably be one of the only shows I would tune in love to see!
Are you participating in the Love-a-Thon?! Please link up your introduction post 🙂