October was a strange month for me blogging & reading wise. I felt like I read a ton, but I actually hardly read anything compared to what I normally do! I was (and still am) super addicted to Castle, thanks to Hannah & Sharon and I feel like my reading will not be the same until I get caught up to current 🙂 Luckily I am halfway through season 5 so my reading should be back to normal soon! October flew by because I have been super busy at work so it’s kind of unbelievable to me that it’s November now!
I spent the large part of yesterday (Saturday) scheduling posts for November so I’m hoping to have a more normal posting schedule because of that.
I hope everyone had a wonderful October and has an even more wonderful November!!!
Goodreads Challenge: As of October 31st I have read 111 books out of my goal 115! Hopefully (well, I expect to read more than 4 books in the next two months :P) I surpass my goal by quite a bit but we will see.
2013 Debut Author Challenge: I have read 18 out of 16 books for the challenge. There are still a few books that I would like to read before the end of the year but I’m not sure if I will be able to!
2013 TBR Pile Challenge: This is honestly a disaster. I’ve read hardly anything from my TBR, and I don’t expect to complete this challenge. Bleh.
I read the second book in the Aberrant series, Moirai for the tour and I was really pleased, I can’t wait to read the final installment and see how it all wraps up! I posted the cover reveal for North Pole Reform School, this looks like a fun holiday read and I’m hoping to get to it this weekend for the Ho Ho Ho Holiday Readathon! I also posted the cover reveal for Defector by Suzanne Whinnacker! Hopefully my hold will come through before the end of the year so I can finally read this one!
I didn’t participate every Tuesday for October either but I did post my Top Ten Character Names I Love
I participated in the No Angel Blitz & The Unseen Blitz which included a guest post and giveaway from J.L Bryan! I just finished The Unseen, and LOVED it (no surprise, I haven’t disliked anything that I’ve read by him!) so be sure to check out the giveaway for a change to win a copy!!
In addition to the books I read, I also reviewed Truly, Madly, Deadly by Hannah Jayne
Cass and I hosted the Fall Into Reading Read Along! We read Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell & 3:59 by Gretchen McNeil. I haven’t finished 3:59 yet but I LOVED Fangirl! If you participated in the read along, stop by the wrap up post to enter the giveaway!
I grabbed Allegiant as soon as it came out (along with the rest of the world I think) and while I wasn’t enraged like most people were, I didn’t entirely love it. I’m not angry with the ending however, just a few things about the way it was done didn’t sit entirely well with me. Did you read Allegiant? What are your thoughts? I’ve loved reading the different opinions about this series ender!
And here we go.. my favorite part of the recap!! There was so much fun in October with all of the Halloween events & giveaways taking place! Plus, a load of discussion posts… I felt like I was never short of a blog post to read 🙂
- Thoughts: Perils of Being a Book Blogger at Rinn Reads
- Discussion: Clean YA Books at Shelfspace Needed
- Let Me Talk: Am I Still Objective? at Tea Between Books
- Merin’s Musings: Sequels, Trilogies and Series, Oh My! at Read and Reviewed
- Perspective At the Intersection of Reader and Author at Another Novel Read
- Sometimes… I Feel Jealous: Blogging Envy at Adrift on Vulcan
- On Affiliate Programs – Guest Post by Shannelle at Another Novel Read
- Why Do Asylums Give Us the Creeps? at Adrift on Vulcan
- The Round Table: Plagiarism & the Letter P at Literary, Etc.
- The Truth About NetGalley’s Feedback Ratio at On Starships and Dragonwings
- Things I Think About – Part IV: Signed Books at Another Novel Read
- A Tour of Fictfact, The Best Bookish Series Website Ever at Nyx Book Reviews
- Dos and Don’ts for Pitching Books to Bloggers at The Librarian Who Doesn’t Say “Shhh”
- What Goodreads’ New Policies & the Migration to Booklikes Could Mean for the Book Blogging Community at Bookish Comforts
- The Do’s and Don’ts of Book Blogging in College at Lili’s Reflections
- Dishing Junk: The Care & Feeding of Book Bloggers at Parajunkee
- Reading Frenzy: How Do You Cope With It? at Thoughts and Pens
- The Era of Book Vlogs at Gypsy Reviews
- Separating Young Adult and Adult Books at Alison Can Read
- A Blogging Confession at The Daily Prophecy
- Everyone’s Doing It: One Girl’s Trials & Errors with WordPress at The Book Babe’s Reads
- When Authors Read Your Reviews at Book Nerd Reviews
- Tips for a Successful Blog at Candace’s Book Blog
- The Reviewer’s Dilemma at Flip That Page
- Do You Choose Your Words Carefully When You Write Blog Posts? at Effortlessly Reading
- Spoilers at Book Nerd Reviews
- Buying the Backlist at Books with Cass
- Are Positive Reviewers Unreliable? at Stay Bookish
- Do Book Blogs Require Reviews at A Bookish Heart
- Do We Disrespect Books and Authors by Speed Reading? at Book Rock Betty
- Discussion Topics from A to Z at A Bookish Heart [Seriously… best freaking post EVER!]
I hope you have a few minutes to check out these awesome posts!!
Have a great November everyone 🙂