HAPPY September 🙂 I am soooo excited that Fall is just upon us, I love the Fall and Winter and I always feel like I’m slogging through summer just waiting for my favorite time of the year so YES!
August was a pretty busy month for me life-wise so it really sped by quickly. September I am hoping will be a bit more low-key, and my Mom is coming to visit again 🙂 I’m really excited for it because when she was here in May we didn’t have a big opportunity to do anything really fun as it was for our move so we were busy, busy, BUSY!
I’ve also recently gotten addicted to The Vampire Diaries so for the past week or so it has consumed my life 😛 I don’t know how I hadn’t watched this before now honestly because it’s definitely something that is right my alley. Needless to say Damon is probably the hottest man on TV… just saying!
One great thing about August as well was that I finally got my reading mojo back, I’ve been trying to pick my reading back up for months now so I it definitely happened in August. I think my iron & b12 anemia had a lot to do with it as well because I was exhausted ALL the time, so now that has been discovered and starting to get remedied, I feel so much better and WANT to read all the time again 🙂
Anyway… enough of the chitchat, onto the wrap up…
*Click for review. Non reviewed reads link to Goodreads.
Mine to Spell by Janeal Falor ★★★★
This Summer by Katlyn Duncan ★★★★
Shadow of Night by Deborah Harkness ★★★★★
The Dolls by Kiki Sullivan ★★★★
The Book of Life by Deborah Harkness ★★★★★
Feral by Holly Schindler ★★★
The Jewel by Amy Ewing ★★★★
Anatomy of a Misfit by Andrea Portes ★★★
Goodreads Challenge: I’ve read 55 out of my 100 goal. So… yah, still behind but what can ya do? I’m just going to read as much as I can and if I complete it fantastic, if not ah well!
2014 Debut Author Challenge: I’m still quite a bit behind on this as well but I have read 6 out of 20 thus far. Only one new addition in the last while!
2014 TBR Pile Challenge: Nothing here again haha. My TBR is just suffering, SUFFERING and it’s all my fault. The new shiny books are always the first ones I grab, I have to figure out a system to change that somehow!
2014 Review Pile Reading Challenge: Again, this is the challenge that I am doing the best on. 6 out of the 8 books I have read were review copies!
2014 Series Challenge: I have completed the All Souls Trilogy! So one down 🙂 Sadly, I am not sure how much more I can get done on this challenge but we will see!
2014 Prequel and Sequel Challenge: This also I have made good progress, but I still have to update my progress for this challenge so I’m not entirely sure HOW well! I’ll have this updated for the wrap up next month to see how far left I have to go!
I posted my picks for Books I Really Want to Read But Don’t Own Yet, Books People Have Been Telling You That You Must Read, Books I’m Not Sure I Want to Read and Books I’d Give to Readers Who Have Never Read YA Romance!
I participated in both ARC August and The Beat the Heat readathon. I successfully completed my goal of 6 books for ARC August but unfortunately I did not complete my goal of 10 books for Beat the Heat. I am still really pleased with my reading though as I read much more than I have in the past few months!
Nick and I went to the Fan Expo for the third year in a row and although it wasn’t AS great as last year, we still had fun.
Books & Reading
- The Cost of Ebooks at Books for a Delicate Eternity
- Should You Buy Final Versions of ARCs? at Tempest Books
- The Many Beautiful Editions of Austen Novels at Stay Bookish
- Should You Buy Final Versions of ARCs? at Tempest Books
- The Facts About Non-Fiction of So Obsessed With
- Common Misconceptions About YA at The Library Canary
- Have You Ever Been Afraid to Reread a Book? at Nose Graze
- Leave YA Alone at Books for Delicate Eternity
- Insta-Love and Romance at Laura Plus Books
- What Bugs Me Most When I’m Reading at The Runaway Reader
- Are You A Peek-er? at Read and Reviewed
- I’ll Never Read All The Books-and That’s Okay! at The Thousand Lives
- Do You Take Dust Jackets Off While Reading? at Tempest Books
- The Agony of Waiting at The Library Canary
- Book Tropes That I Hate at Thoughts and Pens
- Keeping a Tidy TBR at Starlight Book Reviews
- What is a Myth? at Bookish
- I Am a Mood Reader at Feed Me Books Now
- Cliffhangers at Snuggly Oranges
- What Makes You Take a Book Off Your TBR at Readers in Wonderland
- Adventures in Audiobooks at Snuggly Oranges
- What Do You Think of Anti-Heroes? at Adrift on Vulcan
- Do You Reread Books? at YA Asylum
- Novellas at The Book Addict’s Guide
- Seven More Reasons Not to Lend at Fiktshun
Bookish Fun & Misc
- What do you use Goodreads for? at Icy Cold Reads
- Spending on Books: Budgets, Expenditures & Habits at Stay Bookish
- On Clearing Out My Book Collection at Tenpenny Dreams
- My Issue with Book Porn at Word Revel
- How do You Organize Your Bookshelves? at Tempest Books
- On Bookstore Shelving Systems at Word Revel
- How to Make Your Room More Book Friendly at The Day Dreamer and Candy Eater
- No, I Don’t HAVE to Go See That YA Movie Adaptation at Snuggly Oranges
- The Cost of Being the Ultimate Harry Potter Fan at Lauren Reads YA
- The Art of Writing a Novella: A Post by Paula Stokes at Realm of Fiction
- When Books Take Over Your Space! at I Heart YA Fiction
- 12 Cursive/Script Fonts at Nose Graze
Blogging Help & Design Posts
- Social Media Icons at Novel Bliss
- To Schedule or Not to Schedule at Istyria Book Blog
- Add an email widget to self-hosted WordPress at Icy Cold Reads
- DIY: Remove Strange Formattings at These Paper Hearts
- Add Image to Sidebar Headings at These Paper Hearts
- How to Use Font Awesome in Lists at Nose Graze
- Blogging Platforms Pros & Cons at Parajunkee
- The Legalities of the Animated GIF at Parajunkee
- Add an ‘About the Author’ Box Below Your Posts in WordPress at Nose Graze
- How to Manage a Blog (&Reading) Schedule at Snuggle Oranges
- The Best Way to Sort Review Archives at Nose Graze
- 3 Useful Tools for Choosing Your Blog name at Nose Graze
Blogging & Reviews
- An Alternative Look at My Ratings at Between My Lines
- I Like Writing Negative Reviews at Pretty Deadly Reviews
- When Do You Write Book Reviews? at Alison Can Read
- Do Three/Four Star Ratings With No Negative Points in the Review Confuse You? at Nose Graze
- Do You Have a Review Style? at Tempest Books
- The Self-Doubt That Comes with Writing Reviews at The Day Dreamer and Candy Eater
- Blogging, ARCs, and Obligations at Gun In Act One
- What’s the Best Way to Post Your Reviews on Goodreads? at Tempest Books
- Scheduling Posts at Rinn Reads
- I Cannot Be Concise in My Reviews! at Snuggly Oranges
- When It’s Okay to Start Requesting ARCs from Publishers at Nose Graze
- Book Blogging: Balancing Dual Lives at The Addict’s Guide
- Adventures in Co-Blogging: Managing Contact Forms & Review Requests at Oh, The Books!
- Breaking Up With Features at Oh, The Books!
- Constructive Reviews vs. Destructive Reviews at Oh, The Books!
- Blog Rating vs. Goodreads Rating at Book Rock Betty
Social Media, Commenting & Misc Blogging Related Posts
- Other content at The Daily Prophecy
- On Being Maticulous With Time by Books With Cass
- 7 Apps I Can’t Blog Without! at Hello, Chelly
- On Realizing I’m NOT a Tablet Person at Books with Cass
- Battling Book Blogger Envy at The Mile Long Bookshelf
- Twitter, I Suck At It at The Library Canary
- Vlogging at The Library Canary
- Do You Comment on Older Posts? at The Daily Prophecy
- Book Bloggers: Is Google Ignoring You? at Bookhounds
- Why Memes Are Not Evil Incarnate at Between My Lines
- On Commenting & Social Media at Alexa Loves Books
- Is Twitter Essential for Your Blog at Snuggly Oranges
- Which Do You Love More: Reading or Blogging? at Nose Graze
How was everyone elses’ August? Is anyone else pumped that it’s nearly Fall?! Link up your August recaps as well 🙂