Oh… February: Where did you go? Does anyone else feel like February flew by? Holy smokes, I can’t believe that it is already March! Luckily for me we are having a long winter so I can enjoy it for a bit longer 🙂 We had quite a bit of snow last night/this morning so that picked up my spirits!
February was a good reading month; I’m finally getting back into reading and really enjoyed the majority of the books I read the last month! Life wise, nothing excited happened other than I also got back into Yoga like I was prior to Christmas break. I missed it dearly, and so did my body and I feel tons better now that I’m getting back into my daily practices!
Since I don’t have too much to say (hah! Rare occasion here!)… onto the wrap up…
*Click for review (Goodreads link for all unreviewed books)
Uninvited by Sophie Jordan ★★★
Witchstruck by Victoria Lamb ★★★★
Dark Lover by J.R. Ward ★★★★★
Lover Eternal by J.R. Ward ★★★★★
Perfect Lies by Kiersten White ★★★
Forever by Karen Ann Hopkins ★★★★
Sweet by Erin McCarthy ★★★★
Faking Normal by Courtney C. Stevens ★★★★
The Summer I Found You by Jolene Perry ★★★★
Goodreads Challenge: Well… about this challenge 😛 Just yesterday I decided to lower my number from 150 to 130. I was behind, and that is seriously depressing so early into the year so I’ve lowered it. If I pick up my reading pace, I may raise the number but for now it’s going to remain at 130. I’ve read 17 books so far, and I’m not far off from finishing a few more because I’m about 3/4 of the way through three different books!
2014 Debut Author Challenge: I read one book in February for the DAC (Faking Normal) so I’m currently on schedule. March has a lot of debuts I’m excited to read and are on my reading list though so I’m excited for those! Debuts were my some of my favorite reads this last year and so far I’ve only read two!
2014 TBR Pile Challenge: I didn’t read any books from my TBR pile in February! I did read some newly obtained TBR books but my goal for this will only be based on books purchased prior to 2014. I really focused on review books in February so hopefully I will read more from this pile in March.
2014 Review Pile Reading Challenge: I forgot to put down my progress for this one last month! In total I’ve now read 9 books for this challenge, I am cruising! Since I’ve made really good progress I may slow down a bit for March and focus on the TBR. In February alone I managed to knock out 6 review copies! Whoo!
2014 Series Challenge: I am really happy with my progress for this and the next challenge. In February I wrapped up a series by reading Forever! I also started the Black Dagger Brotherhood and read two books from that series AND I read Sweet, the second book in the True Believers series! SO happy with my progress!
2014 Prequel and Sequel Challenge: I again made really good progress with this series. The first novel in the Black Dagger Brotherhood doesn’t count, but I did read the second so that will count towards the challenge. Also Forever, Perfect Lies, and Sweet counted towards this one as well! I hope March is just as pleasant to the PASC 🙂
I participated in the tour for Forever by Karen Ann Hopkins. As much as this was one of my highly anticipated series enders of the year, I was also extremely sad to see the end of the story! I loved reading about Rose, Noah and the Amish community … and let me tell you the final book does NOT disappoint!
I got some awesome books here and here! I am really, really trying to slow down on getting review copies and purchasing books and I think I did well… despite the fact that I did get quite a few *hides*.
For the first time, I participated in the Book Blogger Love-a-thon! I had SO MUCH FUN! Seriously, it’s the best event ever.. I met so many amazing people, discovered a ton of great blogs and had a blast! I interviewed Amanda and Holly from Gun in Act One, participated in the Mad Libs challenge and posted by choices for the Love-a-thon Awards!
In addition to my February reads, I also posted my review for The Opportunist by Tarryn Fisher and Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo. I loved both of those books… like seriously… LOVED and I cannot wait to continue both series!
I participated in the Review Copy Cleanup 4.0! I really wanted to start of 2014 on a good note and get caught up on all my upcoming reviews and new releases… and I did! (For the most part). I still have a few books to read for reviews in March, but I managed to have everything read and scheduled on time in February and it feels FABULOUS! You see my starting line post, a weekly update and my wrap up here! I also participated in the Love-for-Books readathon and made my goal, FOR ONCE! It’s been a long time since I was able to read what I said I would and I DID I DID 🙂
Blogger & Bookish Fun & Misc Posts
- Dorothy Must Die at The Real Fauxtographer
- XOXO Gossip Girl at Alexa Loves Books
- Fandoms Gone Wild at Book Nerd Reviews
- Friendships Through Blogging at A Novel Idea
- Seriously Social! Survey, Infographic, and Giveaway at The Book Addicts Guide
- Things I Have Found Inside Books (Literally) at Readers in Wonderland
- I Spent Some Quality Time With My Bookshelf at The Perpetual Page-Turner
- Caps Lock at Another Novel Read
- Go Ahead & Make Fun of Me ALLLL You Want, Non-Reader Friends! at The Perpetual Page-Turner
- BEA 2014: Here We Go Again at The Irish Banana Review
Blogging & Reviews
- Memes: All That or Just Filler? at Fic Fare
- Originality in Blogging at Out of Time
- How Blogging has Ruined ARCs for Me at Live to Read, Love to Read!
- When Reviewing Gets Hard at Read Me Away
- The Dark Side of Being an ARC Reviewer at Notebook Sisters
- My Blogging Methods at The Daily Prophecy
- Plagiarism vs. Inspiration at Books With Cass
- Reviewing Audiobooks at Parajunkee
- 5 Problems Book Bloggers Will Understand at The Librarian Who Doesn’t Say Shhh!
- How to Write a Review at Istyria Book Blog
- Reviews vs. Discussion Posts at Fighting Dreamer
- Do’s, Don’ts and What to include in Negative and DNF Reviews at Book Reviews with the Blogmonstar
- Have Physical ARCs Lost Their Appeal at Nose Graze
- Has Book Blogging Made Me Too Critical? at Novel Heartbeat
- Get to Work, B—-! at So Obsessed With
- Are you a mood blogger? at The Nomadic Book Hoarder
- In Which I Hang Up My Hat As A Book Reviewer at The Perpetual Page-Turner
- Important Things to Remember at The Daily Prophecy
- The Truth About Giving Negative Reviews at I Swim for Oceans
- The Not-So-Glamorous Side of ARCs at The Quiet Concert
- We Ignore Your Review Requests, and Here’s Why at Readers in Wonderland
- Why I Don’t Have Ads On My Blog at Paper Cuts
- How Book Blogging is a lot like Online Dating at That Artsy Reader Girl
- I Have Trouble Reviewing Popular Books at Nose Graze
- Here’s Why My Rating Average Doesn’t Define Me as a Reviewer at Boricuan Bookworms
- Keeping Up with the Joneses at Jenna Does Books
Books & Reading
- Season of the Witch: A YA Reading List at Stacked
- Recommendations: Love or Hate? at So Obsessed With
- Audiobook Habits at Read Me Away
- Reading Outside of Your Comfort Zone at Book Nerd Reviews
- Re-reading at The Daily Prophecy
- Why I Love Binge Reading a Series at Book Rock Betty
- Yet Another Series at Natflix & Books
- Yay or Nay: Audiobooks at Rantings, Ravings and Ramblings
- Full Fathom Five and Why I Boycott Their Books at Snuggly Oranges
- Giving Authors Second Chances at The Paper Sea
- I Totally Saw That Coming and That’s OKAY at Queen Ella Bee Reads
- When No One Understands Your Love For Books at Stay Bookish
- I’m Tired of Bucket List/Cancer-Related Books at Gypsy Reviews
- I Can (Not) Cry If I Want To at Gun in Act One
- Book Impatience and Binge Reading at YA Romantics
- Romance in YA by Novel Heartbeat
- Spoilers at Snuggly Oranges
- Look, We Need to Talk About Covers at Another Novel Read
- The Do’s and Dont’s of YA Romance at Blue Sky Bookshelf
- The DNF or When Do You Give Up? at Snuggly Oranges
- Rereading Books at Reading Is Fun Again
- Admiring & Acquiring at So Obsessed With
- Guilty Pleasure Books at Reading Is Fun Again
- How Do You Rate Books That Are Not Intended For You? at Reading Is Fun Again
- How Audiobooks Have Changed My Life at Tempest Books
- It’s A Love/Hate Kinda Thing at Turning Pages
- Spoiler-Induced Rage at Readiculous Reads
- Are well known authors holding back new authors? At Book Nerd Reviews
- Novellas, Si o No? at Lili’s Reflections
- I am a One-Sitting Reader at Book.Blog.Bake
- Talking to Nonreaders at The Library Canary
- The Incorrect Use of Language in Books at Gypsy Reviews
- Rambling: epilogues at The Annex
- Does Goodreads Ratings Matter at Christy’s Book Addiction
- Paws Off My Favorites at Snuggly Oranges
- I’m All Alone, There’s No One Here Beside Me at The Paper Sea
- Conquering Bookish Anxiety at Reading In Winter
- Authors, Let Your Readers Read in Peace at Snuggly ORanges
- One Can Never Have Too Many Books at The Paper Sea
- Surprises Under the Cover at Snuggly Oranges
Blogging Help & Design Posts
- You’re Just My Type: For Valentines Day by The Novel Hermit
- Tags & Categories at Caffeinated Book Reviewer
- Ten Quick Tips to Increase Your Blog Readership at Parajunkee
- Don’t Have a Slow Blog! Tips to Speed Things Up at Nose Graze
- How to Keep Track of Series at Snuggly Oranges
- Page Load Time at Hopeless Romantics
- The Perfect Color Scheme for Your Blog at Parajunkee
- The Networking Badge at Parajunkee
- Book Blogger WordPress Hosting at Nose Graze
Holy Smokes! There were a ton of great posts this month 🙂 Enjoy!
I hope everyone has an awesome March!