Oh my GOSH… June is nearly half over and I am just getting to my May wrap up :S May was hectic, to say the least, and June is honestly no less hectic! I moved in May, my mother was here for two weeks, I had an injury and I started training a new class of employees at work… what a whirlwind! Nick and I are all settled (well, I use that term loosely haha) in our new place but there is a TON left to do. It’s so much work, organizing and decorating and unpacking and bleh. I have learned that I have a new-found obsession/love with DIY, organizing and decorating. Hopefully by the end of June everything will be set up and I can share a few pictures. The day after my mother left, I had just finished building a bookshelf and the entire thing fell onto my feet. It was incredibly painful and when I took my slippers off, I literally passed out: My entire right toe was a disaster, and I had a big laceration on my left foot. Conveniently my mother is a nurse, so I texted her a picture of my feet, and the doctor was on call at the hospital and said that it appeared that my right foot may be broken so I should go to the hospital. GAH! Anyways, long story short… I went to the hospital, my foot is NOT BROKEN, just badly sprained and all is well. The shit part is that my bones are badly bruised and even now, three weeks later, my feet are still sore and my right toe is ugly. Haha.
And that was my May! Jam-packed with plenty of shopping and decorating but NO READING. I read so little, blogged so little and deeply missed it. I’m finally caught up to June in my Feedly but my blog has taken a hit. I have a ton of reviews to write and posts to schedule, so hopefully this week I will finally get everything squared away in that regard. Anyways… onto the (small) wrap up!
*Click for review. Unreviewed reads link to Goodreads.
Goodreads Challenge: Well all I have to say here is that May was definitely not the month I caught up 😛
2014 Debut Author Challenge: I read one book in May for the challenge 🙂 Hexed, and it was FABULOUS!
2014 TBR Pile Challenge: Nope, none again :S
2014 Review Pile Reading Challenge: All three of the books I read were review copies/ARCs, so at least I am putting a dent in this challenge!
2014 Series Challenge: Umm… yah, nothing here either!
2014 Prequel and Sequel Challenge: This is the only one that I feel ok about, having not read any additional books towards it… I am quite far ahead here anyway!
I participated in the Hexed tour, for Michelle Krys’s debut! It was PHENOMENAL! I absolutely loved the plot, the characters and most of all the snark and banter. I cannot wait for the sequel!!
I only posted one Top Ten Tuesday in May which was Book Covers I’d Frame As Pieces of Art. Should come as no to surprise as I ADORE covers 🙂
I also participated in the book blitz for Moments of Julian by Keary Taylor. Now if I can only catch up on my reading so I can grab this one on Amazon soon!!!
Despite not having read very much, I did post some reviews for books I had read in previous months: The Taking by Kimberly Derting, All the Truth That’s In Me by Julie Berry and We Were Liars by E. Lockhart!
I did get some lovely books as well!!
Blogging & Reviews
- Choosing Which Books to Review at Finley Jayne’s Going to the Library…
- How Your Environment Affects Your Blogging at Nose Graze
- A Discussion about Discussions at Book Badger
- Trying New Features at Oh, The Books!
- Spoilers in Reviews at Rather Be Reading YA
- On Playlist Posts at The Art of Escapism
- Book Cover Images and Copyright at The Librarian Who Doesn’t Say Shhh!
- Rating and enjoyment level at The Daily Prophecy
- Why I Don’t Follow Your Book Blog at Tempest Reviews
- Everything You Wanted to Know About Blog Tours at The Librarian Who Doesn’t Say Shhh!!
- Unfollowing Blogs at Pretty Little Reader
- Before and during blogging at Rantings, Ravings and Ramblings
- What’s your Goodreads Number? at Between the Lines
- Swearing in Blog Posts and Book Reviews at Tempest Reviews
- Negative Book Reviews Minus the Negativity at Dudette Reads
Blogging Help & Design Posts
- Be Careful With Email Autoresponders – When Not to Use Them at Nose Graze
- Ten Tips for Redesigning a Blog at Read.Write.Discuss
- Should You Start a Blog on Blogger or WordPress? at Nose Graze
- Book Blogging To Do List Printable at So Obsessed With
- What Google Analytics Data Should You Focus On? at Nose Graze
- DIY: Custom Star Ratings at These Paper Hearts
- DIY: Customize Jetpack/Feedburner Email Widget at These Paper Hearts
- My 10 Favorite WordPress Plugins! at Istyria Book Blog
- B-Tips: #BloggerEthics at The Bawdy Book Blog
Social Media, Commenting & Misc Blogging Related Posts
- Do Your Social Media Avatars Have to be the Same? at Nose Graze
- Stop Putting Yourself Down at On A Book Bender
- Why Are People Deleting Old Posts? at Nose Graze
- Because You Asked…..My Blog Makeover Experience at Caffeinated Book Reviewer
- Why I Hate Relying on Third Party Plugins at Nose Graze
- Calling All Newbie Bloggers! at Oh, The Books!
- Building Confidence as a Blogger at Parajunkee
- Is Book Blogging Hard at Aeropapers
- Social Media 101 – Twitter Tips at Parajunkee
- What Happened to Comment Love at Offbeat YA
- Why Don’t You Gravatar?! at The Bawdy Book Blog
Books & Reading
- Mental Health in YA: A Reading List at YA Highway
- Are you Addicted to Buying Books? at Live to Read, Love to Read!
- Things You Notice When Rereading a Favorite Series at Oh, The Books!
- Survey: Are Book Reviews Boring? at Adrift on Vulcan
- Piracy is not an Answer at Dudette Reads
- Do You Set Monthly TBR’s? at The Paper Sea
- The Book Addict’s GUIDE… to “Crossover” Books! at The Book Addict’s Guide
- We Need Diverse Books But… at Fiktshun
- Expanding Empathy – Unexpected Benefits of Reading YA as an Adult at Oh, The Books!
- Violence in Books at Blog of Erised
- Total Romance Domination? at The Book Addict’s Guide
- Series I Want to Read but Just Haven’t! at Book Rock Betty
- Go Hard or Go Home? at The Paper Sea
- There Is No “Perfect” Book or “Right” Rating at Oh, The Books!
- Let’s Talk About… Classics at Paper Cuts
- A Little Library Love at Reading in Winter
- What’s a Spoiler at Readers in Wonderland
- Types of Reading Slumps at Student Spyglass
- Why I Read YA at The Paper Sea
- International Editions at The Book Addict’s Guide
- When the Cliffhanger Appears at Boricuan Bookworms
- Book Covers at Reading Is Fun Again
- Landmark Books in My Reading History at The Thousand Lives
- Our Love/Hate Relationship with Love triangles at The Starry-Eyed Revue
- Book Budgeting at Nite Lite Book Reviews
- Ebooks Are Real at Dudette Reads
- New Authors & Old Series at Reading is Fun Again
- On My Experience with DNF at Alexa Loves Books
- Reading to the ‘I’: Readers and First-Person Narratives at Dudette Reads
- Novellas at The Library Canary
- Oh The Pressure! at The Perpetual Page-Turner
- Protagonists & Gender at Reading Is Fun Again
- On Bookish Guilt at Writer Grrl Reads
- Reading on a Budget at The Reader’s Antidote
- Reading Preference – New or Old Books? at These Paper Hearts
- Favorite POV Style at Reading is Fun Again
- Book Buying Bans at Books With Cass
- When Previews Aren’t A Good Thing at Effortlessly Reading
- Instant Book Gratification at On Starships and Dragonwings
- A Love Letter to the Library at Gun In Act One
- When and In What Order Do You Read Novella’s at Tempest Reviews
- In which I discuss the art of Rereading at The Aeropapers
Bookish Fun & Misc
- Which Hogwarts Professor Are You?
- Lindsey Stirling Songs with the Same Names as YA Novels at Oh, The Books!
- The #BloggingBFFS Quiz at Books With Cass
- What Kind of Book Convention is Best for You? at Oh, The Books!
- 9 Faces You May Make While Reading In Public at The Thousand Lives
That’s all folks 🙂 Hope everyone has an amazing June!!!