It’s OCTOBER NOW 🙂 That means Halloween, Thanksgiving (for us Canadians), cool weather, cozy blankets, Pumpkin Spice Lattes and tons of reading! Clearly I am quite happy that September is over, but I had a really good September! I didn’t read as much as I normally do but I read quite a few great books and I’m also getting back into the swing of things with my blog 🙂
Goodreads Challenge: Currently I have 105 of 115 books read! I’m hoping to read a ton in October, so I think it’s safe to say I will be reading more than my goal this year 😛
Debut Author’s Challenge: I have completed this challenge but I’m still keeping track of the debuts I may read until the end of the year. I have currently read 18 debuts and my goal was 16!
TBR Pile Challenge: Again, this was pathetic progress. I only read one book, Beautiful Darkness. I have 18/30 books read… I really need to get cracking at this one!
I only took part in one tour but it was the second part of the Belonging tour… I posted by review for Belonging by Karen Ann Hopkins. I loved this book and I’m going to be anxiously awaiting the third and final!
I finally started to get caught up on my reviews in September and posted reviews for Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare, The Rules for Disappearing by Ashley Elston and What Really Happened in Peru by Cassandra Clare & Sarah Rees Brennan in addition to the ones I read and reviewed as well!
One of my favorite parts of September on the blog was that I had Emily Murdoch stop by for a guest post during the Debut Authors Bash! Emily’s book, If You Find Me, is one of my favorites of 2013 and all time so I was SO excited to have her visit my blog 🙂
I completed the Summer of Stand Alones and posted my wrap up! I also participated in the Fall Bloggiesta; I love this event, it’s probably one of my favorites in the blogosphere. I didn’t get as much as I wanted accomplished, but I did get quite a bit done!
I took part in the cover reveal for Isaura by Ruth Silver. This is the final book in the Aberrant series and I can’t wait. I really love this series, and I will actually be participating in the tour on October 13th so be sure to stop by for that!
The Bookish Games wrapped up in September and GUESS WHAT?!? Team Tributes won! I was so excited and I had a ton of fun playing. There will be another, HP themed Bookish Games in December and I sure hope I can participate in that one as well!
Cassie and I posted our sign ups for our Fall Into Reading Read Along. We are reading Fangirl & 3:59, posting discussions, having twitter chats and there will also be two giveaways for participants! If your interested in signing up, you still can… sign ups are still open!
- How to Write Great Reviews… By Not Trying to at Nose Graze
- How To Make Goodreads Work For You at The Book Addicts Guide
- Should You Review Books You Don’t Finish? at Nose Graze
- Rating a Book That Isn’t YOUR Favorite Genre at Book Rock Betty
- Popular Post Categories, Page Views, and Trends at Nose Graze
- No One Knows a Good Book Like You Do at Book Rock Betty
- Authors and ARCs and Signings at Another Novel Read
- Drama Mama, NOT at Caffeinated Book Reviewer
- A Guide to Find Outstanding Audiobooks by Bewitched Bookworms
- How Do You Rate? at Books With Cass
- Do You Feel Typecasted? at Bloggers’ Corner
- Booklikes Review at Reading In Winter
- How Do You Fill the Void? at Bloggers’ Corner
- Blogger Confession: They said “NO”! Don’t take it personally: Galleys & ARCs at The Geeky Bloggers Book Blog
- Harry Potter and the Etsy Fangirl at Retracted Light Reviews
- That Damn Swearing Problem at Lili’s Reflections
- Adult Fiction Lovin’ at Books with Cass
- Cakes Inspired by Fiction: Harry Potter at Book Nerd Reviews
- Which Genres are Which at Writer of Wrongs
- When I Don’t Love A Book Everyone Else Loves at The Perpetual Page-Turner
- Speed Reading for Book Bloggers: An Experiment at The Fiction Conniption
- The Mandatory Comment at The Annex
- Read. Review. Rate? at So Obsessed With
- How To Piss Off a Blogger at My Shelf Confessions
- Do Not Read and Skip This Author at Queen Ella Bee Reads
- Censoring Books at Home at Alison Can Read
- Moan of ARC at A Reader of Fiction
- Book Hype at Book Nerd Reviews
- Money & Blogging at Xpresso Reads, Alluring Reads and Book Loving Mom
How was everyone’s September? Link up your wrap ups 🙂