Well, for starters Happy 2015 everyone 🙂 December was a total bust of a month for me reading and blogging wise so this wrap up is going to be fairly short and sweet! Christmas was lovely as was my vacation and Nick I had a great time relaxing and spending time together. I also watched Divergent, which I was pleasantly surprised to see that I really liked it AND Gone Girl, which surprisingly I did NOT like. It was actually a total flip-flop to what I thought were going to be the outcomes of the movies, so that was a nice surprise! I also starting watching Parenthood, which I am totally obsessed with right now. How I didn’t know about this show before now is beyond me, but gosh, I love it. AND I started knitting and crocheting again. Well knitting again, and learning to crochet. Which is fun and I’m having fun learning new things. I’m almost done my first ear warmer/headband so that’s exciting!
Anyway, see… it was pretty boring in December haha so onto the wrap up!
*Click for review. Non reviewed reads link to Goodreads.
So even though I kind of had a crap reading month amount-wise, I totally had a good reading month with the quality of the books 🙂
I decided I didn’t want to talk about all the challenges I didn’t complete 🙂 I did complete a few of my goals, The Review Pile Challenge and The Prequel and Sequel Challenge but I didn’t completely tally everything and threw up hands up and said, MEH! 2015 is going to better and I already have everything organized with a better system so in the next wrap up folks 😛
I participated in the tour for Suspicion by Alexandra Monir. I really, really enjoyed this book and I absolutely flew through it!
I didn’t participate in all of the Top Ten prompts this month but I did post my Ten New-to-Me Authors in 2014, and ten goals and resolutions of 2015. I also posted my top ten favorite books of 2014 for the week of top ten event (even though I posted it a day late… oops!).
I participated in the cover reveal for Whispers from the Dead by Karen Ann Hopkins! I was so excited to participate in this and see the cover, I am in LOVE with this series so far and I cannot wait to read it this month!
Books & Reading
- My Audiobook Experience by Lauren @ Bookmark Lit at Oh, The Books!
- The Hardest Decision You’ll Ever Make in Your Life at Readers in Wonderland
- When You Don’t Reach Your Goodreads Goal at Boricuan Bookworms
- Do You Support the Art or the Artist? by Brittany @ Book Bumblings at Oh, The Books!
- DNSing at Somewhere Only We Know
- Book Tropes at Bookmark Lit
- My Trouble with YA Trilogies at Once Upon a Chapter
- When Mood Reading Attacks at The Thousand Lives
- Top 10 Reactions & Thoughts I Have While Reading at Bookmark Lit
- On Forcing Myself to Read at Writer Grrl Reads
Bookish Fun & Misc
- Book Nerd Social Interaction Problems at Parajunkee
- Sometimes I Watch the Movie/TV Show First at Snuggly Oranges
- Bookish Guides: Middle Grade for YA Readers at Oh, The Books!
- Stop Saying that Zoella “Outsold J.K. Rowling!” at Nose Graze
- Advanced Guide to Managing TBR Piles at Word Revel
- TBR in Possession at Somewhere Only We Know
Blogging Help & Design Posts
- My WordPress Plugins (Most of them Free) at Bee Splendid
- How I Make Gifs at Nerdette Reviews
- Want to Make it Snow on Your Blog? at Lite-rate-ture
- How to Style the WordPress Visual Editor at Nose Graze
- If Statements in Blogger at These Paper Hearts
- Customize Post Headings at These Paper Hearts
- Steps to Becoming a More Productive Blogger at Of Spectacles & Books
- Getting on Tsu & Making It Work For You at Parajunkee
- Requesting From NetGalley/Edelweiss at Somewhere Only We Know
- The Worst Blogging Advice People Have Given Me at Parajunkee
Blogging & Reviews
- I’m Terrified of People I Know in Real Life Finding My Blog at The Nerdy Journalist
- Are There Reviewing “Rules?” at Pages Unbound
- I Have (Unintentionally) Stopped Giving Books 1 Star by Book.Blog.Bake
- Relativity of Book Reviews at Word Revel
- How Do You Write Book Reviews? at The Thousand Lives
- The Seasonal Blogger and Misconceptions at These Paper Hearts
- Sometimes I Just Don’t Feel Like Writing Reviews at BookShelfery
Social Media, Commenting & Misc Blogging Related Posts
- How to Know When to Charge at Nose Graze
- It’s Easy to Assume Custom WordPress Projects are Cheap at Nose Graze
- Books on Screen: Photographing ebooks and Audiobooks at Word Revel
- Do Authors Think I’m a Creeper at The Library Canary
- How Blogging Changed My Life at The Daily Prophecy
I didn’t have as much time to collect blog links this month so unfortunatly I don’t have a lot to share. Next month though, back to business as usual 🙂 how was your December? Are you excited for 2015? Link up!